Recipe of the Month
Anyone who knows me well knows how much I love to bake. Cookies of any kind are my favorite, but I also enjoy baking bread. I’ll go on record to say that I am the absolute worst when it comes to making a pie crust, though. Somehow I even manage to ruin the store-bought ones (*rolls eyes at self*).
For this month’s Recipe of the Month, I’m offering up my daughter’s favorite cookie, “Oatmeal Butterscotch”. My daughter has a slew of food allergies – including chocolate – so discovering this recipe has been a game-changer. I believe I got it off the package of butterscotch chips, and it’s definitely one you’ll want to try.
Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla OR grated peel of 1 orange
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 package (11 ounce) butterscotch flavored morsels
· Preheat oven to 375
· In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon
· In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs & vanilla
· Beat in flour mixture gradually
· Stir in oats and morsels
· Drop onto ungreased baking sheets by rounded tablespoon
· Bake for 7-8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9-10 minutes for crispy cookies.
· Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely
Be sure to eat these within a day or so, because they will tend to dry out if kept longer than that. This is the perfect excuse to devour these quickly ;-)
Let me know what you think!